Nymphadora

Nymphadora's Attic

Mrs. Dalloway

Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf "Oh, Mrs Dalloway... always giving parties to cover the silence"I've been meaning to read this book for a while. If you've watched "The Hours" film, you recall the references to this (wonderful) piece of literature. That's probably my most re-watched film, and I barely re-watch any. I've already reviewed here another one of Virginia's books and I always marvel at her sensitivity, her ability to swiftly change thoughts between characters and make it feel natural, her beautiful painting of such delicate matters, of deep feelings, suffered existences, much like her own. I can't say much about this one... except that it did live to its expectations, and Julianne Moore does a great job in acting as the main character. This is the story of a woman and her beloved friends and the (not so much expected) choices she made in life. But most of all, this is a story of how two diametrically different people, that have never met and shall never meet, can completely share a vision in life, as if they shared the same skin, of how 'unoriginal' and superficial we can all be.